New CCN chairman, vice-chairs, and spokespeople announced
CCN Latest News, CCN News 2019 | 19 September 2019
Cllr David Williams has been officially announced as the new chairman of the County Councils Network at the organisation’s annual general meeting today.
Alongside this, Cllr Nick Rushton, leader of Leicestershire County Council has been elected as Conservative vice-chairman of the network, whilst Simon Henig, leader of Durham County Council, has been elected Labour vice-chairman of the organisation. Finally, Cllr Jerry Roodhouse, leader of the Liberal Democract group on Warwickshire County Council, has been elected Lib Dem vice-chairman of the CCN.
Cllr Williams, leader of Hertfordshire County Council, officially replaces Cllr Paul Carter as CCN chairman, who has served his maximum term.
Separately, CCN has today confirmed the following as spokespeople:
- Finance spokesman – Cllr Carl Les, leader of North Yorkshire County Council
- Devolution spokesman – Cllr Martin Hill, leader of Lincolnshire County Council
- Housing and planning spokesman – Cllr Philip Atkins, leader of Staffordshire County Council
- Health and social care spokesman – Cllr David Fothergill, leader of Somerset County Council
- Unitary spokeswoman – Baroness Jane Scott
- Children and young people – Cllr Keith Glazier, leader of East Sussex County Council
- Transport and infrastructure – Cllr Stephen Giles Medhurst, Hertfordshire County Council
- Environment and communities – Cllr Sam Corcoran, leader of Cheshire East Council
- Economic growth and Industrial Strategy – Cllr Barry Lewis, leader of Derbyshire County Council